Tuesday 15 March 2016

Roger Corman analyzes the "Odessa Steps"

Roger Corman analyzes the "Odessa Steps"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hESDxUnZ1fo

Odessa Steps from Batteship Potemkin was a scene which we have observed a few times in Post Production, and this scene is very famous for how it's shots have been composed and it's legacy on film making today.

I found this analysis of this scene to be interesting because it breaks down what shots symbolize and what kind of effect the shots can have on a viewer. This information is useful to me as an aspiring film maker because I can take this knowledge into account for when I create and edit my own films. The order of which footage is placed is important because of how editing can be used to portray emotion and feeling. It makes you realize the thought that has been put into films and the thoughts and ideology behind shots, and how this all comes into play during the post production stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment