Monday 14 March 2016

Tea videos

For this work, we had to create short videos for our Production Technology module. These videos each had to show a process from A to B but the editing is what played the biggest part in these videos.

Link to first video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeMHnu4dVjQ

We had filmed this and editied it originally and the video was too long, but we reedited for our submission with a faster edit and the video worked a lot better. There are many different parts in this video which could last too long, for example pouring water is one kind of shot which can last too long and shots that last too long will lose the viewers interest.

This video does have continuity errors so it was difficult to edit because an edit cannot always correct a continuity error. For example at 0:30 the person places his hands onto the kitchen counter, but in the next shot his hands are opening the drawer and this does not make the continuity work.

Link to second video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOAi0QEgVkU

I think one issue with this video is that there was not much good pacing, and shots lasted too long. Composition wise I think parts of it were decent but it just really lacked in the pacing. If I had considered how I'd make pacing more in the production side I would have had better footage to edit, as I wouldn't need to cut through shots and cut time down. For example at 0:18 this shot lasted too long, it could have been cut down but I did not want to cut in the middle of any shots. If this shot had not been so long it would be more entertaining.

Link to third video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=795DX-uE5kA

The difference with this video was that I had experimented with sound and syncing my own sound effects that I had recorded, in editing I found that it was easy to sync up my own sound effects. The only issue I found was that it can be difficult to maintain consistent audio levels and I don't know that much about audio levels, so I need to research into this. From doing this I have learnt that sound effects are an interesting part of editing and I should continue to use my own sound effects in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment