Monday 9 November 2015

Avid video effects

Today in Post Production tutorial we were learning about video effects in Avid and how we can use video effects in Avid. Before this tutorial I was not away of how to use video effects in Avid so this information has been useful to me.


We were given some clips from the film Nightmare Before Christmas (1994) and we were told to edit them like a trailer. Here are some screenshots from the tutorial, I had found that the Superimpose effect was useful and this effect is similar to Cross Dissolve in Premier but it has more control. At first this effect was quite hard to use because entering in the keyframes was difficult and the end result wouldn't be how I wanted it to be. After a while of practicing with the keyframes, I was able to use the Superimpose effect a lot better.
 
Above is the superimpose in the effects menu and the effect controls, we can see the level bar on the right which controls the effect. Below is an image of the superimpose and we can see the two images on the video timeline.
 
Above is a different kind of effect in Avid, this effect looks like a page turning. This is quite a novelty effect and it doesn't look very professional, but using it provided me with good practice and more knowledge in Avid.  
 
 
 
Above is a screenshot from other effects I have been practising with, this effect is called Kaleidoscope. You can edit the effect in multiple ways with the controls as shown on the left hand side, in the effect editor. I don't think I could use Kaleidoscope effect because in my own opinion I think Avid has some effects which don't have a great practical use, but it is good to have software with lots of effects. It has been good to practice the effects in Avid for when I come to edit my own projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment