Monday 9 November 2015

Editing our practice Gaucho scene

For our Production Technology Module we have been put into groups and we were asked to each from a scene from a theatre script called Gaucho. In our groups, we had to film and edit a practice run of our scene. This was filmed as a multi-camera production.

Link to edit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN4hJDnY5HA

We edited our scene in Avid because we will need to edit the scene in Avid when we edit the final cut, we didn't have any big problems with editing the scene in Avid and the edit went smoothly. One issue with our edit was clips were cut too short just by a few seconds accidently, and the edit had a unnatural fast pace because our edit was quite rushed. In future, this has taught me not to rush my edits because it will affect my finished project in some way, and it has taught me to check if I am cutting clips accurately before placing them into the timeline. It was difficult to sync the audio up because we only used one boom mic and two cameras on the production, so the audio was not consistent.

Soon we will be reshooting this practice scene and creating another edit, so with what I have learnt from this edit I will apply it to my next edit.

No comments:

Post a Comment