Monday 2 November 2015

Thoughts on Avid

In post production tutorial I have been introduced to a new video editing software called Avid. Before starting University, I haven't heard of Avid and only edited videos in Adobe Premier. Since I didn't know about Avid, I had assumed that Premier was a popular choice for editing in the industry but now I have learnt that Avid is widely used and if I were to take on the role of being an editor the chances are I will need to learn Avid.

Below are statistics from editing software within the media industry. As we can see, Avid is dominant and shows how it will be crucial for me to develop skills within avid if I want to peruse a career as an editor.




Why Film Editors Love Avid Media Composer - https://digitalfilms.wordpress.com/2014/04/02/why-film-editors-love-avid-media-composer/

Here I have found a link which provides lots of useful information about Avid in the film industry and it provides lots of detail as to why it's a popular software. It's popular within the industry for being a professional software and the software is very technical and can perform things with accuracy.

From my minimal experience with using Avid I can understand why it is popular within the film industry. I can tell that the software is sturdy and strong and when compared to Adobe Premier. I feel as if it's more difficult to make mistakes within Avid because of how it's sturdier than Premier, in Avid you can't accidentally drag clips out of place because of how the clips are controlled by using the splice feature.




No comments:

Post a Comment